Physiotherapy at Home
People often think of physiotherapy as something you can only get in a clinic. But did you know you can also have physiotherapy at home? In fact, for many conditions, it can actually help you to get a better outcome from your treatment.
Who is home visit physiotherapy for?
The short answer is, everyone!
Most physiotherapy assessments and treatments can be carried out in your home. This is of great benefit to people with mobility issues that may make it difficult to get to clinic, or for those whose may have caring responsibilities that mean it is easier for them to stay at home.
What are the benefits of being assessed at home?
Aside from being more convenient, being assessed in your own environment can help us better understand the issues your having, and help us to problem solve together. Some issues we can help with around the home are:
- Managing the stairs
- How to safely access your property
- Making it easier to get out of a chair
- Carrying out day to day tasks, such as cooking
- Getting in and out of bed
If you have had a fall, or are worried about falling, we can help you to look at how your home is set up to make it as safe as possible. This may involve suggesting different ways of doing things, or giving ideas for equipment that may help you around the home.
What conditions can you treat?
At Severn Physiotherapy, we can help people in their own home with a range of health needs including:
- Recovering from a stroke or other neurological issues such as Parkinson’s Disease
- People who have had a fall
- People with breathing problems such as COPD
At Severn Physiotherapy, we offer a range of treatment options that will fit your needs. We always make sure you are at the centre of our care. Treatment options may include
- Support communicating with healthcare professionals
- Support navigating the NHS services
- “Hands on” techniques such as massage
If you’d like to know more about what happens during an assessment, click here
To find out how Severn Physiotherapy can support you or a loved one, get in touch for a no-obligation chat about your needs